Compare drug prices and get free rx coupons at eDrugSearch.com

Christian Forum

Friendly Christian Forums

Discus specific topics in our friendly Christian forums. 

Noninterchangeable!

There can only be minimal appreciation (though in full possession) of that which derives from “life and godliness” (2Pet 1:3) if there be not settled assurance concerning the permanent efficacy of Christ’s redemption (unfailingly covers all sin). What fruit of redemption could there be that would be temporary, and greater still, what use could there be of such a work? There is at no time anything meaningful in a so-called temporal walk of faith, nor would it be sensible to conceive such as a work of God.

None can find a demonstration in Romans Eight that one who “walks after the Spirit” can also “walk after the flesh.” Scripture exemplifies those appearing to be “in the Spirit” (v 9) by a nominal (in name only) outward profession of Christianity (Mat 15:8; Mar 7:6; Jam 2:18). But their inward state will eventually manifest their “departure” (1Tim 4:1) from a false profession of faith, and a “fall” (Gal 5:4) from an insincere pursuit of grace (1Tim 4:1; Gal 5:4; 1Jhn 2:19).

Verse One in chapter Eight reveals evidence that those who are is Christ—“walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” This does not indicate that those who are reborn can walk after the flesh but rather the opposite, that they will not walk after the flesh, and the following verse explains why—“Because the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin.” Free, not that there will be no more sinning but that there will be no more will to sin (Heb 10:26).

Walking after the flesh does not intend intermittent sin but a willingness to pursue a continuous lifestyle and state of sin, as was our condition prior to rebirth. I do not believe that the scriptural warnings and admonitions to believers represent what they might again desire after but rather what identifies them. It’s not as though one who is reborn can ever again desire to willfully sin.

Hence the urgent significance concerning the doctrine of the permanency of salvation. If it’s not permanent it’s not redemption, because there is only one strain of salvation—“eternal salvation” (Heb 5:9). Regardless of how long or how sincere others may have appeared, discontinuing the Christian walk indicates (not confirms) a nonoccurrence of rebirth.

The word “walk” is in reference to that which one wills to do outwardly, which is directed by that which is desired inwardly (natural or spiritual). What one wills to do has precedence over what is practically done. Thus our “will to do of His good pleasure” (Phl 2:13) is predominant in significance as to that which is done, because it’s the intention of our actions and not deeds which determines their quality.

This defines the meaning of a “new heart,” which is ever desiring to please God, though knowing our actions will also include that which is undesirable due to the “old man” (Rom 7:15-20). For those reborn, their walk will progressively manifest that which is of the new nature more than that of the old, which between these two natures is how God is “glorified” (Mat 5:16; Jhn 15:8; 1Co 6:20; 10:31; Phl 1:11; 1Pe 2:12; 1Pe 4:11).

NC

You need to be a member of Join the #1 Christian Social Network - ChristiansLikeMe.net to add comments!

Join Join the #1 Christian Social Network - ChristiansLikeMe.net

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Robert, things do not change, and God does not change His mind, what He says or decrees is eternal [James 1:17], He is the same throughout time [Hebrews 13:8], His word is truly eternal, for yesterday, today and tomorrow.

• I agree. And I believe how we share is more significant incommunicating what we share, because the priority is always how we treat one another. Thanks and God bless!

• I agree Brother, and He is the only One that never has to change His mind, even though there are passages that appear that He does but actually doesn't, because He is omniscient. His motive is always the same, bringing people to Himself, but His method in doing so changed from the administration of the Law to the administration of Grace.”

Robert you contradict yourself here, you agree that God never changes His mind, then you claim that He changes His method. You can't have it both ways brother, if He never changes, then His methods do not change, because He sees the past, present and future as one. What He says is for all time (eternal word) and for all of His people. Many people get mixed up between the Jewish law and God's law, and I can understand that, as the Jews brought in so many fencing and other laws. People find it difficult to discern which is which, and on needs to read the Bible very closely to understand this. As someone said a short time ago, 'The Bible needs re-reading, not re writing'.

I'm also hoping you see our differences in understanding only as that of us wanting to know the truth of what we seek, and not just being in opposition to one another but attempting to share what we believe out of God's love in us.

Well certainly Robert, if you love the Lord and submit to Him as Saviour, we are brothers. Every Christian has their own interpretation, but as long as the the central principle is the same we are all brothers and sisters. Happy Hanukkah Robert.

• I agree Brother, and He is the only One that never has to change His mind, even though there are passages that appear that He does but actually doesn't, because He is omniscient. His motive is always the same, bringing people to Himself, but His method in doing so changed from the administration of the Law to the administration of Grace.

I'm also hoping you see our differences in understanding only as that of us wanting to know the truth of what we seek, and not just being in opposition to one another but attempting to share what we believe out of God's love in us.

Always love you Brother and God bless!

• Yes Michael, we should obey both the Ten Commandments and the commandments of Jesus, because they are God's law.  We obey, not because our salvation depends upon it because we are saved by grace, but because obeying God's laws blesses God.  I truly believe that God is saddened by the state of the church today, that has turned its back on God's commandments and His feast days.  His church accepts the way of the world and abandons His way, it accepts same sex marriages directly in disobedience to God, it accepts the worship of graven images, it takes His name in vane.  Jesus Himself stated that God's law would not pass away until everything had been achieved, the second coming.

• Thanks Dr. Derek. I know by grace, but many people misunderstood what grace is. They think just for the love of God without nothing else. That's why I dig deep into some words.Revelation 12:17 and 14:12 tells us exactly what grace means. Only by obeying God's Ten Commandments and have the faith OF Jesus. Not In Jesus.

Bless

• We are saved by God's grace, through His Son Jesus Christ, that if we accept Jesus as God's Son and as our Lord, putting faith in him; if we confess our sins and repent; even if we break God's law, we will be forgiven and have Salvation.  Which takes us to obeying His laws because of our love for Him, which pleases God.  The Father forgives us because we call Jesus Lord.

• It isn't compete true Dr. Derek, because if we keep sinning the same sin is because we didn't have repent to the sin that we continue keep sinning. Every person that Jesus have talk to and healed, He says sin no more. Desobeing God's Commandments is going against God. I know that Roman 8:7 is hard to accept. That's why many Christians don't see this verse. Only the person that keep God's Commandments are not enemy of God. It is written in the Bible and I belief only what is written in the Bible.

Are you saying that all Christians are the people in Revelation 12:17 and 14:12? Because of GRACE?

Why nobody talk about the Three Angels Messages? This message is a warning message. Everybody is talking about Jesus is coming soon. Why did they don't preached or teaches this message. I know why. Because they cannot keep the fourth commandment. The Sabbath is for the Jews and the Sunday is for the Christians. 

• It isn't compete true Dr. Derek, because if we keep sinning the same sin is because we didn't have repent to the sin that we continue keep sinning. Every person that Jesus have talk to and healed, He says sin no more. Desobeing God's Commandments is going against God. I know that Roman 8:7 is hard to accept. That's why many Christians don't see this verse. Only the person that keep God's Commandments are not enemy of God. It is written in the Bible and I belief only what is written in the Bible.”

No, unless we commit the unforgivable sin, against the Holy Spirit, our salvation is assured, once we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. Some sins are a matter of habit, we do then without thinking, over and over. Many years ago, every time we went into town shopping or otherwise, I used to park in this particular place, where I could always find a parking space. I parked there for about fifteen years, but one day we found that builders had moved in and the site was fenced off, so we were forced to park somewhere else, on the other side of town. We went off a did our shopping and about two hours later, we walked all the way back to that usual parking space, it was just automatic. We then had to go all the way back through the town to the opposite side to get our car, and that cost us more in parking fees. Sometimes we just do things without thinking Mike, but Jesus does not say, “Sorry, you've used up all your grace.” You admit the sin and His Father forgives you. Matthew18:20-22 says:

Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” 22 Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.”

If we are to forgive our brother/sister seventy times seventy times how much more will the Father forgive? As fallen humans we are incapable of keeping God's laws all of the time, the difference is, if we confess and repent, in Jesus' name, we are forgiven and our slate is wiped clean.

Are you saying that all Christians are the people in Revelation 12:17 and 14:12? Because of GRACE?”

Yes Michael, that is what I'm saying, otherwise there would be no point in the New Covenant, we may as well have stuck to the old covenant, where keeping the law was everything, and cost a sacrifice. Our sacrifice has already been made through Jesus on the tree, that's what the Good News, the Gospel, is about. It may help to remember this:

GRACE = Gifts Received At Christ's Expense.

Why nobody talk about the Three Angels Messages? This message is a warning message. Everybody is talking about Jesus is coming soon. Why did they don't preached or teaches this message. I know why. Because they cannot keep the fourth commandment. The Sabbath is for the Jews and the Sunday is for the Christians.”

Even though they cannot keep the fourth commandment (the seventh day Sabbath) they will be forgiven but they need to ask forgiveness for doing so. Essentially it is the church that has led them astray, specifically the forming of the Roman Church who changes everything in the fourth century, to get people to faith in Christ rather than in Apollo or Ra, who were worshipped on Sunday. God made no distinction between Jews and gentiles; when God gave the seventh-day holy command there were no Jews [Genesis 2:3] it was for mankind. That is why my house keeps the seventh day holy and dedicated to God.

• A voice says, “Cry!”
                And I said, “What shall I cry?”
                All flesh is grass, and all its beauty is like the flower of the field.
                7 The grass withers, the flower fades when the breath of the
                Lord blows on it; surely the people are grass.
                8 The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand for ever. [
                Isaiah 40:6-8]

This reply was deleted.

Compare drug prices and get free rx coupons at eDrugSearch.com

Your Donations Are Highly Valued & Appreciated

DONATE TODAY!

Medi-Share: Affordable Christian Health Insurance