Compare drug prices and get free rx coupons at eDrugSearch.com

Christian Forum

Friendly Christian Forums

Discus specific topics in our friendly Christian forums. 

I will prove the following two propositions:

1) 666 meaning a biblical allusion to Adonikam in the Old Testament.

2) The Holy Spirit inspired this Riddle to strengthen the faith of the generation alive in the End Time fighting against unprecedented apostasy (2 Th. 2:3-41 Tim. 4:12 Tim. 4:2). and mockery of God’s Word the Bible (Jude 1:181 Tim. 3:1-52 Pet. 3:3). Adonikam’s name will be the actual name of the Beast that rises and the solution indicates both Providential Preservation and Inerrancy of Scripture are true, as both 666 and 667 are correct and God prevented copiests from reconciling the number as modern textual critics are wont to do.

We solve riddles by heeding its details, spotting double entendre hinting at a solution. For example, Samson’s riddle (Judges 14:14) was solvable by the double entendre on “lion” and “honey” (Judges 14:8-918):

So he said to them: “Out of the eater came something to eat, And out of the strong came something sweet.” Now for three days they could not explain the riddle. (Jdg. 14:14) NKJ

The word “lion” in Hebrew (ʾarî) is almost identical to an Arabic word for “honey” (ʾary).-Wolf, H. (1992). Judges. In F. E. Gaebelein (Ed.), The Expositor’s Bible Commentary: Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 & 2 Samuel (Vol. 3, p. 468). Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing House.

Lets Solve what 666 meant to John:

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. (Rev. 13:18) KJV

The Genitive (“OF”) is the double entendre. 1) 666 is the number OF a man; 2) 666 is the number OF a name (Rev. 13:17); 3) 666 is the number OF the Beast.

The solution:

1a) 666 is OF the man because he has 666 children (Ezr. 2:13).
2a) 666 is OF the name because it generates the equation that results in 666. In Nehemiah 7:18 Adonikam is said to have 667 children, therefore its deducible the list began with Adonikam’s father who must also be named Adonikam. So the “count” or “calculation” which is “OF” this name is 667-1=666, pointing to the same man Adonikam his son (Neh. 7:18).
3a) 666 is OF the Beast because John said so (Rev. 13:18).

The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six. (Ezr. 2:13) KJV

The children of Adonikam, six hundred threescore and seven. (Neh. 7:18) KJV

Having these two verses point to the same name is like having “two witnesses” establishing the matter (Deut. 19:15).

Continues

http://endtimenews.net/666-meaning/

You need to be a member of Join the #1 Christian Social Network - ChristiansLikeMe.net to add comments!

Join Join the #1 Christian Social Network - ChristiansLikeMe.net

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This from Creation Research - Days of Praise, this morning.

Identifying Antichrists
    Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.” (1 John 2:18)

Evangelicals expect “the” Antichrist to be revealed in the future, yet there are more warnings about “many” antichrists who are currently and actively plotting evil. John lists two specific identifying factors that enable us to spot these “anti” Christs.

Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son” (1 John 2:22).

and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.” (1 John 4:3).

This much is clear. Anyone who refuses to accept the incarnated Christ as the Son of God is anti-Christ. Perhaps we need to see this term in its simplicity. Those who are “anti” Christ (oppose, reject, against, opposite to, before, instead of, in place of) are antichrists!

Peter warns that false prophets and false teachers are also “anti” Christ—and that they may well come from among the Lord’s visible Kingdom.

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.” (2 Peter 2:1).

"So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds” (2 Corinthians 11:15). No wonder we should have caution. This is the last time (days), and we need to be alert! HMM III

Search Tools | The Institute for Creation Research
  • Interesting notions here about the 666.

Rev.13:18 says to "count" the number of the beast. The Greek for "count" is about pebbles worn smooth over time from handling. Somehow then, I don't think it's really about counting with numbers, but instead the pebbles being worn over time pointing to recognition of the beast concept from the beginning with what Satan did when he originally rebelled against God.

2 Peter 2 speaks of the idea of "...natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed,...". Think about it, a "natural brute beast" nature? Jude 1:4 is even more telling, revealing that there are "certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ."

That beast nature had to have begun because of Satan's original rebellion. Ezekiel 28 reveals that God originally created Satan perfect in his ways, until iniquity was found in him and he rebelled in coveting God's throne. Thus I believe the seed of the beast concept points directly to Satan, just as I believe the concept of an antichrist points directly to him also, and the many antichrists being about his followers.

In Rev.13 there's 2 separate beasts being described. The first one is a kingdom that has ten horns, seven heads, and ten crowns. The seven heads our Lord Jesus revealed in Rev.17 to be seven mountains upon which the harlot sits, so that represents places on the earth, making the first beast of Rev.13:1-2 about a kingdom, and not an entity.

But the 2nd beast of Rev.13:11, the "another beast", is about a beast entity, a person. In Rev.17 the idea of beast kings are revealed, as they were in the Book of Daniel also. Even though Rev.17 doesn't say 'beast king', it is pointing to one with the 7th king. And since the ten horns are ten kings that given their power to the beast, that is following the Daniel 7 prophecy about the ten horns and the "little horn" that comes up among the ten and takes control.

What's this got to do with the end of Rev.13 and the counting of 666, some might be thinking?

Since the subject in Rev.13 is about the 'beast' concept, and it describes 2 different beasts, and starting at Rev.13:11 it's about a beast entity (i.e., beast king), that's the last beast concept covered when you get to the 18th verse about the 666. So I don't think we are to lose focus on that "another beast" of verse 11 when we get to the 18th verse about understanding the 666.

In Rev.13:11 we are told the "another beast" (2nd beast, a beast king) will appear with two horns LIKE a lamb, but will speak as the DRAGON. In the previous Rev.12 chapter, we were shown who the "dragon" is; it's just another title for Satan. But what's the lamb comparison? I believe that is pointing to our Lord Jesus Christ, The Lamb slain. I interpret that to mean Satan coming in the role of our Lord Jesus Christ, trying to mimic Jesus our KING. Revelation 17 gives some pointers directly to Satan, as only Satan and his angels have already been judged and sentenced to 'perdition' to the future "lake of fire". No flesh born man has been judged yet.

Also, the Babylon concept in Revelation points back to historical Babylon, even eventually using the "Babylon is fallen, is fallen" phrase from Isaiah 21. The king of Babylon, Nebuchadnezzar, made a golden idol image of himself for everyone to bow in worship to at the sound of the psalter. The "image of the beast" follows that pattern idea about the king of Babylon, except for the end of this world the king of Babylon will likely be you know who.

Thus I believe the 666 counting is about Satan, from beginning at his original rebellion all the way to the end of this world, as Genesis represents the front cover of God's Word, and Revelation represents the back cover. I believe the 666 is pointing directly to the timing when Satan is to show up and play our Lord Jesus at the end of this world.

A close look in our Lord's Revelation reveals our Lord Jesus' coming on the 6th Seal, 7th Trumpet, and 7th Vial. The 6th Seal I believe is divided in two parts, the first part being about Satan and his angels being cast down to the earth in our dimension, and the latter part of the 6th Seal being about our Lord Jesus' 2nd coming. The 6th Trumpet events suggest tribulation timing, as the 6th Vial events do also.

Thus I believe the 666 represents the timing of the beast's coming on earth, on the 6th Seal, 6th Trumpet, and 6th Vial.

• Hi Dave, interesting take, but there are as many theories on this as there are verses in the Book of Revelation.  The one most people ignore is the obvious, or to work out what John actually saw for him  to give these description.

• And the obvious, as you say, is??

I don't think the majority of brethren can't read those Revelation passages for themselves. The problem is with so-called scholars misleading them with all kinds of Jewish Gematria Kabbalistic magic numerology applied to names, etc., trying to assign the 666 to some man.

• Agreed, that's why I keep encouraging people to do their own research and read for themselves whislt praying that the Spirit will guide them.

• Just thinking some more about it...

God was very clear to Israel in Exodus 20. They were to have no other gods before Him. They weren't to make images to worship.

"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. "You shall have no other gods before me. "You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments. (Exodus 20:2-6 NIV)

If you look at Judges 18:11-19, five men (tribe of Dan) scouted out the land around Laish and entered a shrine and took a carved image, the sacred ephod, the household idols and a cast idol. A priest saw the men carrying the idols. When he asked what they were doing, they told him to be quiet (shhhh) and come with us. I don't know how they could think God wouldn't see this.

God bless,

Mary

• I have to think about it. It's a little out there. I looked online, and what I found is Adonikam is of the tribe of Dan. The symbol for Dan is the scorpion. Of the tribes sealed Revenlation 7, Dan is not there.

Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near. (Revelation 1:3 ESV)

Sometimes we forget Revelation 1:3. Blessed are those who hear and keep what is written in it. It was near back then, it must be really near now.

God bless,

Mary

• According to James 1:1, they aren't lost...they're scattered about:

James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings.
      (Jas. 1:1 NKJ)

That settles the question for me, they aren't lost, scripture says they are "scattered abroad". That makes what Jewish Historian Josephus says, very possible. Recall Peter went to Babylon, it still existed in his day:

She who is in Babylon, elect together with you, greets you; and so does Mark my son. (1 Pet. 5:13 NKJ)

Choosing 12 apostles, one for each tribe, implies they still existed.

• You may have been quoting me online. Scripture is silent on the "lost ten tribes" but some dispute they are lost, just not specifically mentioned after the return from Babylon. Josephus believed they were still in Assyria

131 When Ezra had received this letter, he was very joyful, and began to worship God, and confessed that he had been the cause of the king's great favour to him, and that for the same reason he gave all the thanks to God. So he read the letter at Babylon to those Jews that were there; but he kept the letter itself,
      132 and sent a copy of it to all those of his own nation that were in Media; and when these Jews had understood what piety the king had toward God, and what kindness he had for Ezra, they were all greatly pleased; nay, many of them took their effects with them,
      133 and came to Babylon, as very desirous of going down to Jerusalem; but then the entire body of the people of Israel remained in that country; therefore there are but two tribes in Asia and Europe subject to the Romans, while the ten tribes are beyond Euphrates till now, and are an immense multitude, and not to be estimated by numbers. (Ant. 11:131-133 JOE)

Josephus likely had Jewish sources we don't have today. Its seems probable some of them did remain in Assyria rather than return with the rest. But its speculation.

I think it likely Adonikam is of the tribe of Dan, and will appear in the vicinity of Antioch, Turkey in the end time. He will be a miracle working "health and wealth" preacher, who will condone all sorts of sin for the sake of Ecumenical unity...hence, the "man of sin" (2 Th. 2:3-4). The fallen away church will declare he is the "Christ". 

• It is by no means definite, but Jerimiah seems to be saying that all twelve tribes need to be repatriated before the second cominh happens.  Chapters 30 & 31 speak a lot about the twelve tribes coming back to Israel.

This reply was deleted.

Compare drug prices and get free rx coupons at eDrugSearch.com

Your Donations Are Highly Valued & Appreciated

DONATE TODAY!

Medi-Share: Affordable Christian Health Insurance