Compare drug prices and get free rx coupons at eDrugSearch.com

Christian Forum

Friendly Christian Forums

Discus specific topics in our friendly Christian forums. 

Some ideas I've heard of or seen include having things like this in stocked up in their vehicles ready to give.........

Case of water bottles 

I have seen pictures of ziploc bags full of things that folks keep in their vehicles ready to give out when they see someone in need. The bags had things like  $5 bill, a thing of tissues, granola bar, gospel tract or new testatment and such. 

in the winter things like hats, mittens, blankets, hand warmers

Throw out your ideas...

Annette

You need to be a member of Join the #1 Christian Social Network - ChristiansLikeMe.net to add comments!

Join Join the #1 Christian Social Network - ChristiansLikeMe.net

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mine works.   My company has scrap aliminum parts that are imperfect.   I toss these in the grass near the street beggers corners.   This works.

That last time I saw one begger, he had a bag of aluminum cans leaning against the stop light.  He never returned again.   I am training the beggers to do better work for their money. 

• I get tracts (Bible Handouts) from The Pocket Testament League that include the Gospel of John, so they are more substantial than most tracts, and I put a $5 bill in them and keep them in my car. When I'm driving around and find a homeless looking person standing on a street corner with a sign "Will Work for Food" I give them one. Some people say to not ever give them money, but honestly do you think these people have any choice than doing what they are right then? I believe Jesus would say to meet them where they are at, and I am meeting several needs with my Booklet and $5 bill.

• I like the Pocket Testament League. Their New Testaments would be perfect too.

• I make a habit of carrying a gift card for a fast food restaurant with me.  When I see somebody in need, I give them the gift card.  Just giving them cash might be enabling an adiction and that would be contributing to their downfall instead of showing them love.

• Very very good.    They might sell it, but its far better than cash!   I never thought of that!

I have driven people to the food store and they refused to acccept anyhting but cash.

It's the  "What ever" talking, running their lives.

• Great idea!

• Annette, it makes me happy to see the love and care that you and others on this site have for those in need! 

I did a search of the ways rescue missions help the homeless and it pulled up a site that mentioned packing “care kits” and gave a list of the items that can be given to someone in need. The rescue mission recommended using a waterproof bag. Some things on their list of items that someone could use are as follows: 

• Water bottle
    • Socks
    • Tuna and crackers
    • Granola Bar or cereal bar
    • Fruit snack or applesauce cup
    • Crackers with peanut butter or cheese
    • Gift certificate to fast food
    • Hand wipes
    • Pack of Kleenex
    • Toothbrush and toothpaste
    • Nail clippers
    • Band Aids
    • Chapstick
    • Comb or small brush
    • Mints, cough drops or gum 
    • Note of encouragement or uplifting Bible verse
  • Maybe it would work well as a separate Discussion, get the content and then distill it into a recomendation where the Discussion starter should be?  I feel quite excited about this.  Maybe we could start with some suggestions. such as some basic rules and recommendations.

• Can I suggest that we avoid plastic bottles as far as possible.  Maybe include a reusable water container instead
    • Include long-lasting high protene food, like Jerky.
    • Rip top cans rather than traditional cans / or include a low-cost safety opener.
    • Protein is a great idea. Nuts might be good too. 

This reply was deleted.

Compare drug prices and get free rx coupons at eDrugSearch.com

Your Donations Are Highly Valued & Appreciated

DONATE TODAY!

Medi-Share: Affordable Christian Health Insurance