Discus specific topics in our friendly Christian forums.
..tThe whole world is under the sway of the evil one. 1 John 5:19.
Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing of his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness. 2 Corinthians 11:14-15..
Beta, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1
wwhether we realize it or not, Christians are engaged in a spiritual war! Satan's forces would attack us! we need to be alert, discerning aand ready to resist!
characteristics of Satan.
1 Created by God, but not equal to God ( Proverbs 16:4
2 Defies God and despises truth. ( John :8:44).
3.Was given limited power. ( Job 1:8-12).
4. Commands a hierarchy of demons.( Ephesians 6:10-12).
5. Masquerades as an angel of light. (2 Corinthians 11:14-15).
6. Plans to steal, kill and destroy. ( John 10:10).
7. Rules tthe masses outside God's protection ( Ephesians 2:1-3).
8. Keeps seeking an opportune time to tempt us. ( Luke 4:13).
9. Tries to hide the actual truth about our God. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4).
10. Offers counterfeit promises he cannot fulfill. ( Genesis 3: 4-5).
11. Twists Scriptures to fit his purposes. ( Genesis 3:1-5).
12. Will suffer the fate he deserves .( Revelation 20:10).
Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts-of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day.
Stand therefore, having girded your waist with God's truth, having put on that breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of Peace; above all, taking the shield of Faith With which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of Salvation and the sword of the Spirit , which is the Word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit , being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints. ( each Ephesians 6:10-17).